Starting left guard Pete Kendall reported for minicamp on Thursday and proceeded to rip the Jets organization and demand to be traded or released. "I'm an unhappy player and I'm not going to run away from that," Kendall told the Newark Star-Ledger. "My first hope is I wanted to deal fairly with the Jets. I'm surprised we couldn't work it out."
Kendall is unhappy because he renegotiated his current four-year, $11.3 million contract a year ago with the understanding that he'd be able to negotiate a raise this season.
That hasn't happened, and things have obviously reached the boiling point. Kendall was reportedly given permission to seek a trade in exchange for a fourth-round pick prior to the draft, but was unable to work out a deal.The Dolphins have apparently expressed interest, but the Jets may not want to deal him to a division rival. He is a very solid guard who would garner plenty of interest if he is released.













No comments:
Post a Comment