Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Maroney to shed the red soon?


For the first time in training camp, Laurence Maroney shed a little light on the status of his surgically-repaired shoulder. "The body is feeling good," he told the Boston Globe. "I've been doing a bit more contact and it's just feeling real good. Hopefully – you ask Bill [Belichick] because I don't know when – I'll be out of the red [no-contact practice jersey] soon." Maroney added that he hopes to get into at least one exhibition game before the regular season opener, but that he'd be ready to go even if he doesn't play a down in the preseason. Maroney will almost certainly sit out again this week when the Pats take on the Titans on Friday, but it appears he's getting close to taking some contact in practice. Fantasy owners will certainly breath easier once that happens, but the important part is that L-Mo will apparently be ready to go in time for Week 1.

No comments: